Perfect as a starter for a party or as a snack for any guests, these Veg Puffs have a delicious and spicy filling and are packed with flavour.
Simple and uncomplicated, the filling for this Curry Puff can be made well in advance and the puffs can be made and baked when guests arrive and served hot. Check out a quick video below on how to make Vegetable Puffs.
Quick, easy to follow video with step-by-step instructions of how to make Veg Puffs:
This tasty, easy-to-make Veg Puff is a versatile dish that contains a filling made of different vegetables which is covered in a buttery, flaky pastry that has multiple layers which instantly crumbles as soon as it lands in your mouth.
Quick and Easy with Readymade Puff Pastry Sheets
Making these Curry Puffs involves a straightforward process and requires just a few ingredients.
Readymade Puff Pastry Sheets are a real time saver as making these sheets at home is a lot of hard work and consumes a lot of time. These readymade puff pastry sheets are easily available in any supermarket.
One thing to remember is to always use them when they are cold. So, when making Vegetable Puff, remove sheets out of the refrigerator only after your stuffing has cooled down COMPLETELY and you are ready to make and bake them.
If the readymade puff pastry sheets are not cold enough, it will be hard for you to stuff and shape them as will be very sticky. Also, they won’t puff up well and layers won’t be as flaky and crunchy if you don’t use cold sheets to make these Veg Patties.
To add a nice golden colour to your Veg Puffs, apply some melted butter on top of each pastry before you place them in the oven.
After these Curry Puffs are out of the oven, they look golden brown and have a crispy, flaky and airy texture.
Seasoned vegetables, herbs and spices give these Veg Puff Pastries a unique flavour making them perfect to serve for any occasion as a side dish or as a delicious, satisfying snack.
Serve these bakery style Veg Puffs hot, as soon as they are out of the oven, with your choice of chutney or ketchup accompanied with some hot tea or coffee and enjoy!
Some OvalShelf’s quick and easy recipes that you will really love are:
Check out OvalShelf’s collection of Desserts / Sweets recipes.
Some trending OvalShelf recipes:
Recipe Card for Veg Puff Pastry:
Latest OvalShelf recipes:
Step-by-step instructions with photos for Veg Puff Pastry:
• Heat a non-stick pan on medium setting and add oil, onions, ginger paste, garlic paste, chopped ginger, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Mix well and cook till onions turns soft and shiny.
• Then add peas, sweetcorn, water and mix well and cover and cook till peas and sweetcorn are soft and well cooked.
• Then add potatoes, dry mango powder, salt, cilantro and mix well.
• Let this filling cool down completely.
• After filling has completely cooled down, open ready puff pastry sheets and make 6 equal parts from each sheet – 12 parts from 2 sheets.
• Apply water on ONLY one side of each square.
• Place some cooled veg filling on each square and gently seal ONLY one side; DO NOT seal other 2 sides.
• Gently place prepared pastries on baking sheet and apply some melted butter on top of each pastry.
• Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220°C (430°F) for 15-17 mins or till they puff up and turn golden.
• Delicious, flaky Veg Puff Pastry is ready. Serve immediately!
♥ We LOVE hearing from you ♥
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Click here to Subscribe to OvalShelf's YouTube Channel to get all our quick, precise and simple video recipes. YouTube subscription is FREE.